With many visitors to Africa every year, we at JENMAN Safaris get lots of questions about safety and security while travelling in Africa. There is always a lot to think about when planning your trip to ensure that your African adventure goes smoothly, and it is important to start with the basics. In light of the unfortunate collapse of the safari operator, Kumuka Worldwide, and the overall downturn of the world economy, we have a list of what you need to know about us and travel in Africa:
1. JENMAN African Safaris has been operating for over 30 years. We have a long history in the safari business and a great deal of experience managing difficult situations on the road. Lots of unforeseen hiccups happen while on safari, and it is important to have the most professional team behind you when you are on tour.
2. JENMAN African Safaris is SATSA bonded. This means that in the unlikely event of business liquidation, clients will receive a refund of monies paid. This is important to keep in mind, as personal travel insurances or agents do not cover costs in the event of business bankruptcy.
3. In addition to being SATSA bonded, we are also a member of several quality measuring associations, including ATTA and APTA. Our membership ensures each client that we have attained, and continue to measure up to a high standard in the travel industry. We reach new levels of quality assurance regularly, and we remain in check by our governing bodies.
4. Over the last seven years, we have grown exponentially, adding new accommodations, vehicles, and staff to our firmly-established team. We have opened up our operations in East Africa, and have had no redundancies in our company’s history. We train and support our guides to make sure they are professional, knowledgeable and responsible. We are on all social media sites and travel forums online, and attend most major travel shows worldwide.
5. At JENMAN Safaris, all of our vehicles (trucks, cruisers, buses and cars) are tested regularly and maintained to the highest standard, therefore meeting the SABS standards for road safety. Our mechanics and operations staff is always on call for an immediate response to any situation that might arise. We have specifically built the bodies of our unique safari vehicles to ensure the best design for comfort and game viewing.
6. We offer discounted rates on tours that we run regularly. We have a high number of bookings which allow us to offer specials on regular tours and guaranteed departure dates, but we ensure there is no cost-cutting or reduction in quality for our clients.
7. We are actively involved in responsible tourism projects that encourage conservation efforts and social upliftment for disadvantaged people in Africa. Sustaining the environment, supporting wildlife conservation, and partnering with community social programs to alleviate poverty are ongoing priorities for us at Jenman, and we will continue to support these initiatives (please see our responsible tourism information).